1968 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Green Unrestored "Steve McQueen Collection" (1930-1980) 2018 Detroit Auto Show 1/43 Diecast Model Car by Greenlight
- Brand new 1:43 scale diecast model of a 1968 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Green Unrestored "Steve McQueen Collection" (1930-1980) 2018 Detroit Auto Show car model car by Greenlight.
- Limited edition.
- Brand new box.
- Chrome accents.
- Real rubber tires.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Themed packaging.
- Authentic decoration.
- Detailed interior, exterior.
- Officially licensed product.
- Comes in plastic display showcase.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Dimensions approximately L-4.5 inches long.
- The Mustang that Steve McQueen drove into Hollywood history for the 1968 movie "Bullitt" emerged for the first time in 40 years Sunday at the Detroit auto show in tandem with the debut of a new, limited-edition 2019 Mustang Bullitt. “This is probably the Holy Grail if there is one,” said Mark Gessler, president of the Historic Vehicle Association. “It’s one of the most important artifacts of the 20th Century in terms of automotive history. It is a national cultural treasure.” As it turns out, the 1968 car has been in a family garage, quietly waiting for the film's 50th anniversary. Its owner died years ago, leaving a grieving son to hold on to a collector car found in a classified ad from Road & Track magazine in 1974. “We kept it a secret in the family for so long, hiding in plain sight,” Sean Kiernan, 36, of Hendersonville, Tenn., told the Free Press. “We hoped to restore it, but then my dad got Parkinson’s and I had my first daughter and life was happening.” Two identical 1968 Mustang GT fastbacks were used in the film, which debuted Oct. 17, 1968. The hero vehicle was sold by the studio to a private buyer and the other, used in so many chase scenes, went to a salvage yard. The latter vehicle resurfaced in Baja California, in early 2017, but the other was lost. Until now.
We Also Recommend
2012 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 Super Snake Unmarked Police Car Black/White 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Shelby Collectibles
1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Matte Dark Gray with Black Stripes 1/24 Diecast Model Car by Jada
Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R White with Blue Stripes 1/24 Diecast Model Car by New Ray