1969 Ford Mustang Shelby GT-350 Fastback Pilot Car Acapulco Blue Metallic with Black Stripes "Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals" (MCACN) "50th Anniversary of the Boss Engines" (1969-2019) 1/18 Diecast Model by Autoworld
- Brand new 1/18 scale diecast car model of 1969 Ford Mustang Shelby GT-350 Fastback Pilot Car Acapulco Blue Metallic with Black Stripes "Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals" (MCACN) "50th Anniversary of the Boss Engines" (1969-2019) die cast model car by Autoworld.
- Limited edition.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- Precise accuracy.
- Steerable wheels.
- Has carpeted interior.
- Has opening hood and doors.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Detailed interior, exterior and engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-10.5, W-4, H-2.75 inches.
- The 1969 "G" Code Boss 302 Shelby® GT-350™ with VIN 9F02G482244, was the 1-of-1 pilot prototype for the year 1970. What's unique about this car, is that it was ordered three days after the Boss 302s went into production on April 19, 1969. The production order number is one of a kind—9999. Only three or four members at the top of Ford would have had access to that special order number. Shelby was not one of those people. Ford Motor Company confirmed that Edsel Ford II or Bunkie Knudsen, the president of Ford at the time, would have been two of the possible executives that had access to that number, and to place this order. It very well could have been a present to Carroll Shelby since he was racing the Boss 302 Shelby team cars. However, the Boss program was canceled less than two weeks after this car was built, due to Carroll Shelby resigning from Ford Motor Company.
- Truly an artifact of automotive history, Autoworld is honored to replicate this "pilot" Acapulco Blue 1969 Shelby® GT-350™ with Boss 302 engine!
We Also Recommend
1973 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Custom Movie Star "Eleanor" Yellow with Black Stripe (Post-Filming Tribute Edition) "Gone in 60 Seconds" (1974) Movie 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Greenlight
1968 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Green (Unrestored) "Bullitt" Kissimmee Florida (2020) "Mecum Auctions Collector Cars" 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Greenlight
1969 Ford Mustang Fastback Boss 429 Wimbledon White "Class of 1969" "50th Anniversary of the Boss Engines" (1969-2019) 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Autoworld
2019 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Coupe Matte Black 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Diecast Masters