1935 Duesenberg SSJ Straight-8 Speedster Light Gray and Dark Gray 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Autoworld
- Brand new 1/18 scale diecast model of a 1935 Duesenberg SSJ Straight-8 Speedster Light Gray and Dark Gray diecast model car by Autoworld.
- Limited edition.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- Steerable wheels.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Opening doors and engine compartment.
- Detailed interior, exterior and engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-10.75, W-4, H-3.5 inches.
- Duesenberg Motors Company was an American manufacturer of race cars and high-end luxury automobiles. Their quality and detail garnered the attention of the rich and famous across the United States in the early 20th century. One such vehicle stands above the rest—the 1935 Duesenberg SSJ Speedster. With a shorter wheelbase than the J and SJ models, plus a supercharged straight-8 with double overhead cams, it was touted to produce more than 400hp, launching the car to 140mph! Those are impressive stats even by modern standards!
- Only two of these SSJ Speedsters were built. The first was bought by actor Gary Cooper. The second was lent to Clark Gable, an established Duesenberg customer, in 1936. These two are known to have raced each other in the Hollywood Hills! Auctioned in 2018, Gary Cooper’s SSJ Speedster holds the record for the most expensive American collector car ever sold, selling for $22,000,000.
We Also Recommend
1983 Toyota Celica Supra Plastic Model Kit (Skill Level 2) 1/25 Scale Model Car by MPC
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible Inca Silver Metallic with Red and Silver Interior 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Autoworld
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible Laurel Green Metallic with White Interior 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Autoworld
1986 Mercedes-Benz W126 560 SEC Wide Body Signal Red Limited Edition to 2,000 pieces Worldwide 1/18 Model Car by Otto Mobile