The Barris Car "Black Sparkle" 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Autoworld
- Brand new 1/18 scale diecast model of the Barris Car "Black Sparkle" model by Autoworld.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- Steerable wheels.
- Opening hood, doors and trunk.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Detailed interior, exterior and engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-12.5, W-4.5, H-3 inches.
- George Barris and his older brother Sam moved to Roseville, California in 1928. Shortly after arriving, they were given a 1925 Buick, which the two turned into the first “Barris Brothers” custom car. The custom car fever caught George early, and the Buick was promptly sold to fund their next project - a 1929 Model A. Barris’ passion and business expanded over the years, and eventually garnered the attention of Hollywood. This eventually led to customizing cars for movies, television, and personal cars for the stars of the time, including Frank Sinatra, Zsa Zsa Gabor, and Elvis Presley.
- Another four-wheeled star was built in George Barris’ Hollywood shop. After chopping 4” off the top, customizing the fenders, hand-forging the grill, raising the body, adding four chrome bumpers and sinking the single headlights, this beast-on-wheels started to take its brooding shape. The look was completed with black tinted windows and 20 coats of black pearl lacquer. It’s the unmistakable look of pure evil.
We Also Recommend
2012 Renault Alpine A110-50 Blue Metallic with Orange Accents 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Norev
1957 Chevrolet 210 Hardtop "Weiand" Colonial Cream and Black with Graphics Limited Edition to 7,000 pieces Worldwide 1/24 Diecast Model Car by M2 Machines
1996 Ford Bronco XLT Burgundy and Silver 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Greenlight
1993 Ford Bronco "Eddie Bauer Edition" Emerald Green and Tan 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Greenlight