The Barris Car "Black Sparkle" 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Autoworld
- Brand new 1/18 scale diecast model of the Barris Car "Black Sparkle" model by Autoworld.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- Steerable wheels.
- Opening hood, doors and trunk.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Detailed interior, exterior and engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-12.5, W-4.5, H-3 inches.
- George Barris and his older brother Sam moved to Roseville, California in 1928. Shortly after arriving, they were given a 1925 Buick, which the two turned into the first “Barris Brothers” custom car. The custom car fever caught George early, and the Buick was promptly sold to fund their next project - a 1929 Model A. Barris’ passion and business expanded over the years, and eventually garnered the attention of Hollywood. This eventually led to customizing cars for movies, television, and personal cars for the stars of the time, including Frank Sinatra, Zsa Zsa Gabor, and Elvis Presley.
- Another four-wheeled star was built in George Barris’ Hollywood shop. After chopping 4” off the top, customizing the fenders, hand-forging the grill, raising the body, adding four chrome bumpers and sinking the single headlights, this beast-on-wheels started to take its brooding shape. The look was completed with black tinted windows and 20 coats of black pearl lacquer. It’s the unmistakable look of pure evil.
We Also Recommend
1966 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396 Hardtop Regal Red "Hemmings Motor News" Magazine Cover Car (April 2013) 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Autoworld
2009 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Concept Red Metallic "Bigtime Muscle" 1/24 Diecast Model Car by Jada
1962 Chevrolet Bel Air Burgundy with Black Interior "Special Edition" 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Maisto
1967 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 Nickey Hardtop Bolero Red with White Stripes "Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals" (MCACN) 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Autoworld