FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Hopefully, these are the answers to your most pressing questions.
Where do you ship?
- Unfortunately, at this time shipments are only available within the 48 contiguous US states and the District of Columbia. Physical addresses are required. We will not ship to P.O. boxes, hotels or motels.
When is my order shipped?
- All orders are processed and shipped within 2 business days after payment has been processed. All orders placed on Saturday, Sunday or a Monday Federal Holiday will require an extra day for processing and shipping.
How long will it take to receive my order?
- All standard shipping orders are delivered within 5 to 7 business days once shipped. If you choose expedited 3 day service at checkout, UPS does not count a pickup day as a business day therefore, delivery will be the fourth business day for 3 day service. If a purchase is made on a Monday Federal Holiday or a weekend day ( Saturday or Sunday ), the order will be delivered on the next normal business day.
Who do you use for shipping?
- Our system automatically chooses a method which will deliver purchases to our customers by the fastest means possible - usually USPS or FedEx. We also provide an expedited 3 day UPS delivery service with signature as an option. This options is available at checkout.
Will my entire order arrive at the same time?
- Since shipments are made from two different locations, you may receive multiple package deliveries on different days. Additional shipping costs will not be incurred.
Can I track my order?
- We will send tracking info via the e-mail address used during purchase process.
What are your shipping rates?
- We strive to keep shipping costs as low as possible. We offer flat rate ground shipping for all orders. Expedited 3 day shipping with signature is an option. See our entire shipping policy at the footer.
STATE SALES TAX
Do you charge sales tax?
- Main Street Diecast Classics is registered in New York and is required to collect state sales tax in New York State. All orders purchased and delivered within the State of New York will be charged the applicable sales tax based on shipping address. State sales tax is also collected for the state of California at the rate of 9.9% for models shipped within the state from the California warehouse.
What are my payment options?
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, American express and Discover.
- We only use the safest payment processing services on the web. If you have any security questions or concerns, please check out our payment processors security measures - Shopify Payments.
- We do not accept cash, checks or money orders.
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
What is your policy?
- See our entire policy on our Returns/Exchanges policy page at the footer.
What do you sell?
- We sell only the finest quality brand new diecast cars, trucks, motorcycles, construction vehicles and more in a brand new box by vendors such as AutoArt, Maisto, Bburago, Diecast Masters, Welly and others. In addition we sell all types of related diecast auto accessories such as display cases, figures, lifts, engines, gas pumps and many, many more.
What does diecast mean?
- Diecast is the term used in the hobby industry referring to a model vehicle made with a metal body and some plastic parts.
What does scale mean and how big is the model?
- Scale actually refers to the fractional length ( 1/18 ) of the model in relation to the actual vehicle. Since all "real" vehicle lengths are different, the scale of 1/18 vehicles may also be different. 1/18 models range in lengths 9 to 12 inches approximately.
What are the appropriate recommended ages for your models?
- The manufacturers recommended ages are printed on their packaging - ages listed are generally from 8 years to adult. Because these models are adult collectibles, we here at Main Street Diecast Classics highly recommend that any child under the age of 8 years be strictly supervised by an adult. WARNING: Many of these models contain small parts and constitute a choking hazard - NOT for children under the age of 3 years!
What is your policy?
- See our entire policy policy page at the footer.